Proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ
The Department of Pastoral Services proclaims the Gospel of Jesus Christ by planning programs and supporting ministries which strengthen Catholic Faith within the Diocese of Tucson. It administers service to the people of the diocese through the work of the Office of Catechesis and Family Life, the Office of Formation, the Office of Hispanic Ministry, the Office of Human Life and Dignity, the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry and the Office of Worship. The department works in collaboration with the other departments of the diocese, in particular the Department of Catholic Schools, the Office of the Vicar for Deacons and the Office of Vicar for Vowed Religious.
These ministries support the parishes and institutions of the Diocese of Tucson by offering a variety of services, celebrations and resources. The members of the Department of Pastoral Services continue the mission of Jesus through their care for individuals from all walks of life. This website is provided as an extension of these ministries.
- The Office of Catechesis and Family Life guides and develops effective Catechetical leadership in the parishes of the Diocese by providing training and resources including Catechist Certification Levels I and II.
- The Office of Formation promotes the faith formation of adults in the parishes of the Diocese of Tucson by working collaboratively with all Diocesan offices in sponsoring, promoting and providing programs and events for the clergy and laity of the Diocese.
- The Office of Hispanic Ministry reaches out in a spirit of welcome and inclusion to the Hispanic families in our diocese to provide especially in Spanish, resources and programs of ministry formation and training.
- The Office of Human Life and Dignity initiates and supports programs that promote respect for the dignity of human life and the Social Mission of the Church through education and advocacy reflecting Catholic Social Teaching.
- The Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry works to catechize youth & young adults by providing resources and training for parish ministry leaders including annual events for Youth and Young Adults.
- The Office of Worship and the Diocesan Liturgical Commission and its committees seeks to promote the liturgical and spiritual life of the people through workshops, and resources for the parishes.
Throughout the year, programs are offered to help existing church ministers to deepen their knowledge and skills. Support and resources are available for those who are just entering various church ministries so that they can begin with a clear sense of that ministry and the traditions that underpin it. Workshops are offered in various places around the diocese and are advertised on line, in the Vision and in local parish bulletins.