OPEN ENROLLMENT 2018 BEGINS TODAY!
The Open Enrollment period for the Diocese of Tucson eligible employees (working 30 hours or more per week) begins May 14, 2018 and ends May 30, 2018.
This is the annual opportunity for eligible employees to add benefits, make changes to benefit elections, coverage level or waive coverage. It is mandatory under federal law to waive coverage on an annual basis. The elections made during the Annual Open Enrollment will be effective July 1, 2018. Employees will NOT be permitted to make any changes to their benefit elections until the next Annual Open Enrollment, unless they experience a Qualified Life Event Change as defined by the IRS Section 125 Guidelines.
This year it is required that we hold a positive open enrollment period. This means that ALLeligible employees (working 30 hours or more per week) are required to complete the enrollment process regardless of whether or not they are making changes to their existing coverage or if they want to waive medical coverage. If they do not complete the process by the close of Open Enrollment, May 30, 2018, their medical coverage will default as mandated by federal law to “Employee Only” coverage for 2018-2019 plan year.
KEY POINTS FOR OPEN ENROLLMENT 2018
Premium Plan (90/10)
- The Diocese of Tucson will continue to offer only one (1) medical plan during open enrollment. We will be offering the 90/10, UHC Choice Plus National Plan. If the employee took a proactive approach to personal wellness and participated in the Biometric Screening/Wellness during the Wellness Initiative, the employee will receive a $50 per month automatic credit to be applied each month resulting in zero premium for employee only coverage.
- Employees who chose notto participate in the Biometric Screening/Wellness during the Wellness Initiative, effective 07/01/2018 employees will have a premium of $50 per month for employee only medical coverage.
- Reta Trust is implementing new Centers of Excellence program for non-emergent/elective surgeries through a new partner in BridgeHealth.
2018 Premium Amounts will change
- Employee contributions for medical coverage has increased. Employee contributions for EDS Dental will remain the same. Delta Dental and Vision Service Plan (VSP) premiums have increased
2018 Medical Changes
- Primary Physician Visit – $25 co-pay
- Specialist Physician Visit - $40 co-pay
- Annual Deductible - $750 per year (Individual) - $1,500 per year (Family)
- Annual Out of Pocket Maximum - $4,000 per year (Individual) - $8,000 per year (Family)
- Emergency Visit - $150 co-pay
- Urgent Care Visit – No change, remains at $50 co-pay
- Co-Insurance – No change, remains 90/10
- Prescription Drug Coverage - $10 Generic / $25 Brand / $40 Non Formulary
Reta Benefits Center
Please be sure to visit the Reta Benefits Center before making any benefits decisions. The interactive resource will help employees better understand their choices and make the most of their options. They can log in to www.retatrust.org, click on Reta Benefit Center (Destination Page). It’s a convenient one-stop destination for information about your benefits, enrollment, wellness and more.
RetaEnroll – Online Enrollment
During the Open Enrollment period, employees must go online to the RetaEnroll website (log in at www.retatrust.org) and complete the enrollment process regardless of whether or not employees are making changes to any existing coverage. All benefit elections must be made during this period, including waiving medical coverage. Medical coverage must be waived on an annual basis.
If employees do not complete the process by the close of Open Enrollment, May 30, 2018, your medical coverage will default as mandated by federal law to “Employee Only” coverage for 2018-2019. If employees are continuing an FSA election, they must re-enroll in FSA per IRS regulations.
Any questions please call 520-838-2517 or email email@example.com